Farming 101: A Series for Small, Beginning or Transitioning Farmers
The Alabama Cooperative Extensions System’s Autauga County Office will hold a series of workshops aimed at helping area residents with their existing small farms, or the workshops will help those hoping to begin a farm. Autauga County Extension Coordinator Darrue Sharpe said the workshop will benefit many area residents.
“I am thrilled that Extension will be offering this highly popular and very informative Farming 101 series of classes in Autauga County. This program will provide a great opportunity for novice farmers to gain extensive knowledge from Regional Extension Agents and Extension Specialists who are highly qualified in their fields. This program has been successfully utilized across the state, and I am excited to provide it to the residents of our community,” Darrue said.
Speakers and Topics:
- April 5 (10:00 – Noon) Livestock Management Small Scale Beef Production, Goats- Josh Elmore, Regional Extension Agent
- April 5 (12:30 pm – 2:30 pm) Forage Management – Josh Elmore, Regional Extension Agent
- April 12 (10:00 – Noon) Basic Vegetable Production- Dr. Joe Kemble, Extension Vegetable Specialist
- April 12 (12:30 pm – 2:30 pm) Protected Production – (greenhouse and high tunnel) Dr. Chip East, Regional Extension Agent
- April 19 (10:00 – Noon) Open Field Conventional and Organic (bioinsecticidal) Approaches; High Tunnel Pest Exclusion System and Beneficial Insects – Dr. Ayanava Majumdar, Extension Entomologist
- April 19 (12:30 pm – 2:30 pm) – Fruit Production- Dr. Chip East, Regional Extension Agent
Pre- registration is required by April 2,2018 by calling 334.361.7273. The cost per class is $10.00, or if you wish to attend each day, please pay $50.00. Lunch is included in this fee.
Make all checks payable to the Alabama Cooperative Extension System. You may mail in the registratoin form to: Autauga County Extension Office, 2226 Highway 14 West, Suite E, Autaugaville, AL 36003. Please click here for a printable registration form: farming 101 Autauga flyer 2018 registration
Hosted by the Alabama Cooperative Extension System
Location: Autauga County Extension Office
2226 Highway 14 West, Autaugaville, Al
April 5 – April 19, 2018
10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Pre-Registration is required: cost per class is $10 or entire course for $50 (Lunch is Included)
Mail fee to: Autauga County Extension Office
2226 Hwy 14 W, Suite E,
Autaugaville, Al. 36003
Call or e-mail Darrue Sharpe: 334-361-7273 email@example.com
or Chip East: 256-846-0314 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please pre-register by calling the Autauga County Extension Office at 334-361-7273 by Monday, April 2nd.
City: ________________________________ Zip Code: ______________ County: ____________________________
Phone #: ________________________ E-mail address: _________________________________________________
_________ # of Participants X $50 = Total Amount Enclosed: ________________________
Return Pre-Registration Form and Payment by Monday, April 2 to: Autauga County Extension Office, 2226 Highway 14 West, Autaugaville, AL 36003
Make check(s) payable to: Alabama Cooperative Extension System
The Alabama Cooperative Extension System (Alabama A&M University and Auburn University) is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Everyone is welcome!