4-H Senior Achievement identifies outstanding Alabama 4-H members who have excelled in one of the nine Achievement Areas of Alabama 4-H. These areas include:
- Animal Project—Production, Large Animal (beef, dairy, swine)
- Animal Project—Production, Small Animal (sheep, goats, poultry, meat rabbits)
- Animal Project—Companion Animal (dog, rabbit, cat)
- Equine Science
- Communications (Public Speaking, Judging Teams, Photography)
- Foods and Nutrition/Family and Consumer Science
- Natural Resources (Environmental Science, S.A.F.E., Wildlife, Forestry, Plants and Soils)
- At Large Achievement.
Senior Level I participants must be age 14 or 15 on January 1, 2017. Winners will receive a trip to the Southern Region Youth Leadership Conference and a trophy.
Senior Level II participants must be age 16 to 18 on January 1, 2017. Winners will receive a trip to National 4-H Congress and a trophy .
Applications are now open in 4-H Online, and will close on May 8th!! If you are interested in applying for Senior Achievement, please notify Heather LeGrand, 4-H FREA as soon as possible so that your application can be reviewed before submission. This is a great resume builder for youth.