LaFayette Grows Healthy Kickoff September 8th
I have a question for you: “What’s healthy and growing in Chambers County?” The answer: Healthy resources and opportunities for YOU and your family! That’s right. So, what’s new? Well, there’s the LaFayette Raised-bed Community Gardens, the LaFayette Farmers Market, and the outdoor Walking Trail. Soon we will also install sturdy outdoor exercise equipment. Shortly thereafter, we will install children’s playground equipment.
It is time to celebrate these accomplishments and see how you can benefit from these opportunities!!! How??? By having an epic Chambers County CDC Grant Kickoff Thursday, September 8th, 2016 from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM Central. Location: 1084 Alabama Highway 77, LaFayette, AL 36862 (Chambers County Agricultural Center). There is no cost to attend.
What will be available? After the Opening Ceremony you will have access to:
- Fitness education using Stretch bands (first 100 participants can keep their free bands)
- Health and nutrition information by the Auburn University School of Nursing, the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM), and EAMC – Lanier experts
- Raised-bed gardening education
- Sheriff Sid Lockhart’s famous grilled delicacies
- Nutrition Education Program Cooking Demonstration
How did these resources and opportunities occur? Chambers County Extension and a gamut of community partners have been tirelessly working to prevent and reduce obesity in Chambers