When: Saturday, June 18, 2016
Where: Senior Connection 304 Park Plaza Clanton AL 35045 (Located in the Fred’s Shopping Center)
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Who: Adult Division, age 19 and above 4-H Youth Division, ages 9-18
Deadline: June 15, by 4 p.m.
Adults Prizes: 1 st – $50.00 2 nd – $35.00 3 rd – $25.00
Youth Prizes: 1 st – $50.00 2 nd – $35.00 3 rd – $25.00
During the judging portion of the event, a food demonstration will be presented by Chef Nathan Wilkerson of Clanton. Chef Nathan is a graduate of the Virginia College Culinard and has served as a banquet and house restaurant cook at the Marriott and Renaissance Hotels. Attend the presentation even if you don’t enter a dish. Seating is limited, so please call (205) 280-6268 to reserve your seat.
For more information, contact Gay West at (205) 280-6268
On the day of the event, call (205) 410-3593
Disabilities will be accommodated with prior notification
- Dish entered in the contest must contain fresh Chilton County peaches.
- One entry per person.
- The recipe need not be original.
- Judging will be based on using fresh, quality peaches (10 points); appearance (20 points), taste (60 points) and creativity (10 points). Dish can be displayed in participant’s container of choice.
- Dish must be registered and on the table ready for judging by 10:00 a.m.
- Winner must be present to win.
- Pre-registration is required. Complete registration form below. Due to Extension Office by 4 p.m. June 15th. No late entries will be accepted. Mail registration form to P.O. Box 30, Clanton, AL 35046 or fax to (205) 280-6357.
- Recipe using raw eggs will be disqualified (such as in ice cream custards). If a recipe calls for raw eggs, cooked custard can be made, or pasteurized egg products may be substituted.
- Dish entered in the contest must be made available for participants and attendees to taste at the conclusion of the event.
- Participants are encouraged to serve samples of their dish to guests during the sampling portion of the program.