There will be a Cattle Marketing workshop held in North Alabama the first week of October. The workshop will be looking at the current status of the industry, cattle and feed outlooks and marketing options.
For more information and to RSVP, please contact the Etowah County Extension Office at 256.547.7936 or Landon Marks, Regional Extension Agent for Animal Science and Forages at 256.706.0032.
As you begin to think about options for fall and winter grazing.. please remember:
To be eligible for FSA program benefits the following deadline must be met by all interested producers.
- Final Plant Date- Barley, millet, oats, rye, triticale and wheat and annual rye grass must be planted by November 30, 2017 for winter grazing.
- Certification Deadline-
- May 1, 2018 for barley and triticale
- January 15, 2018 for millet, oats, rye, wheat and annual rye grass
- November 15, 2017 for full season summer grass such as Fescue and Bermuda, etc.
- NAP Grazing Insurance-
- February 15, 2018 to purchase insurance full season summer grass
- CRP Grassland
- Will be ranked in November annually
If producers have questions they can call or come into their local FSA office.
Frank J. Green Building
415 Fifth Avenue East,
Oneonta, AL 35121
November 7, 2017
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Who Should Attend
Fruit and vegetable growers and
others interested in learning about
produce safety, the Food Safety
Modernization Act (FSMA) Produce
Safety Rule. The PSA Grower Training
course satisfies the FSMA Produce
Safety Rule requirement.
What to Expect
The trainers will spend approximately
seven hours of instruction
time covering content contained in
these seven modules
Intro to Produce Safety
Worker Health, Hygiene & Training
Wildlife, Domesticated Animals, &
Agricultural Water (Part 1 Production
Water, Part 2 Postharvest Water)
Post Harvest Handling & Sanitation
How to develop a farm food safety plan