As you begin to think about options for fall and winter grazing.. please remember:
To be eligible for FSA program benefits the following deadline must be met by all interested producers.
- Final Plant Date- Barley, millet, oats, rye, triticale and wheat and annual rye grass must be planted by November 30, 2017 for winter grazing.
- Certification Deadline-
- May 1, 2018 for barley and triticale
- January 15, 2018 for millet, oats, rye, wheat and annual rye grass
- November 15, 2017 for full season summer grass such as Fescue and Bermuda, etc.
- NAP Grazing Insurance-
- February 15, 2018 to purchase insurance full season summer grass
- CRP Grassland
- Will be ranked in November annually
If producers have questions they can call or come into their local FSA office.