4-H State Ambassadors proudly presented the 2017 4-H Midwinter Teen Leadership Retreat at the Alabama 4-H Center in Columbiana, Alabama on February 3rd- 5th, 2017. The theme this year was Up, Up, & Away With Alabama 4-H. This was a Super Hero theme with the 4-H State Ambassadors dressing as Super Heroes. Midwinter is a fun filled youth leadership retreat weekend for enrolled 4-H members ages 14-18. Isabella Collins and Lindy Hindman, FCHS 10th grade students, represented Fayette County 4-H at the Midwinter Teen Leadership Retreat. They participated in the following activities while there:
- Avengers Academy: 4-H members learned about self-defense and what to do in a potentially bad situation-to always be on the lookout and what techniques to use to fight off an attacker.
- True Identity: Participants did tie dye activities and crafts.
- Joker Jive: Youth learned to dance the Jive with a professional ballroom dancer.
- Unmask the Leader in You/4-H Ninja Warrior: All the kids gathered together to ask the current ambassadors questions about being an ambassador and the different trips and activities they can get involved in by being in 4-H.
- Everyone attended an awards banquet and listened to the 4-H State Ambassador’s Farewell Speech.
On the last day of the retreat, participants had the opportunity to attend an ‘inspirational’. After breakfast they attended a closing ceremony where the Senior 4-Her’s received graduation tassels and awards, watched a Senior picture PowerPoint presentation thanking the Seniors for their service as an Ambassador, and watched a PowerPoint showing pictures taken during the whole weekend.