At the Hale County High School 2015 Career Fair there were over 450 juniors and seniors that participated.
REA Marie Harris and CEC Tyrone Smith talked to students about their careers and the type of careers available in ACES.
The Hale County Extension Office is preparing for the Scale Back Alabama program.
Health Rocks! is curricula for a healthy living program targeted at young people ages 8 to 14. Teen and adult facilitators share hands-on activities that educate youth on the consequences of tobacco, alcohol and drug use. Moundville Elementary School 4th & 5th graders had a wonderful time learning about the program.
The program aims to:
- Reduce youth smoking and tobacco use.
- Help youth build life skills that lead to healthy lifestyle choices with special emphasis on youth smoking and tobacco use prevention.
- Help youth understand influences and health consequences of tobacco, drug, and alcohol use to make healthy choices.
- Engage youth and adults in partnership to develop and implement community strategies that promote healthy lifestyle choices.
- Build positive, enduring relationships with youth involved as full partners through widely varying “communities of interest” to address youth risk behaviors
Take some simple precautions when preparing food for storage with Food Storage Charts and tips!
Plan a sound financial future by setting S.M.A.R.T. goals. These goals will make it possible for you to actually reach them.
2015 Money Management Calendar