The annual Hale County Farm Field Day is a collaborative effort of Hale County Cooperative Extension Office, farmers, local school system, USDA agencies, agricultural related businesses, master gardeners, farm organizations, county government and law enforcement to educate students K-6 on the importance of agriculture. Students meet local farmers and participate in a day of local agriculture educational and recreational activities. Activities included: Ice cream making, beef cattle demonstration, hay ride tour, goat demonstration, 4-H activities, history of agriculture storytelling, forestry demonstration, etc.
Urban REA Tommy Teacher providing a meat goat demonstration to 4th grade students
Hale County Farmer Tommy Martin providing a farm machine demonstration to 6th grade students
Retired Agri-science educator and local Black Angus Cattle Producer Cornelius Joe explains to students his brood cow farming operation
At the Hale County High School 2015 Career Fair there were over 450 juniors and seniors that participated.
REA Marie Harris and CEC Tyrone Smith talked to students about their careers and the type of careers available in ACES.
The Hale County Extension Office is preparing for the Scale Back Alabama program.
Health Rocks! is curricula for a healthy living program targeted at young people ages 8 to 14. Teen and adult facilitators share hands-on activities that educate youth on the consequences of tobacco, alcohol and drug use. Moundville Elementary School 4th & 5th graders had a wonderful time learning about the program.
The program aims to:
- Reduce youth smoking and tobacco use.
- Help youth build life skills that lead to healthy lifestyle choices with special emphasis on youth smoking and tobacco use prevention.
- Help youth understand influences and health consequences of tobacco, drug, and alcohol use to make healthy choices.
- Engage youth and adults in partnership to develop and implement community strategies that promote healthy lifestyle choices.
- Build positive, enduring relationships with youth involved as full partners through widely varying “communities of interest” to address youth risk behaviors
Take some simple precautions when preparing food for storage with Food Storage Charts and tips!
Plan a sound financial future by setting S.M.A.R.T. goals. These goals will make it possible for you to actually reach them.
2015 Money Management Calendar