Scale Back Alabama
Under contract with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS), atom Alliance will be offering free diabetes education classes in Alabama. You can receive eight hours of diabetes self-management training in your community. These classes are designed to:
- Educate on how to best control blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels;
- Empower you to establish relationships with your primary care provider;
- Encourage better nutrition and regular exercise;
- Encourage lifestyle changes that lead to the reduction in the number of diabetes complications ( heart disease, blindness, nerve damage, etc.) and limb amputations; and
- Express the importance of developing support networks of family, friends, and existing community-based social services.
These six (6) classes present information in simple medical terms and concepts using props and pictures in a way that is conducive to better understanding and make learning fun. The classes are 60- 90 minutes long.
If you have diabetes or pre-diabetes, we invite you to contact us for more information; or if you are an organization that wishes to become a community partner and provide a location for diabetes education.
Helen H Jones -Regional Extension Agent at (334) 201-6775 or email@example.com
Macon County residence focused on eating healthy and getting physical fit. The USDA research-based workshops gave the participants an opportunity to come together in a fun and interactive setting to learn about eating healthier and putting more activity in your life.
There were six workshops each lasting 1 hour and containing handouts, exercise, and videos designed to help you make healthier choices like foods to increase, foods to decrease, and balancing calories.
The workshops were developed by USDA’s Department of Health and Human Services in partnership with the Office of Disease Prevention and Health promotion and presented by Alabama Cooperative Extension System. To learn more about Eat Health Be Active please contact the Macon County Extension Office at 334-727-0430,
Take some simple precautions when preparing food for storage with Food Storage Charts and tips!