Project Ideas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vkfstHOKKE
Photos from the 2017 County Round-Up Event: https://www.facebook.com/pg/marioncountyal4h/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1698085383818391
County Round-Up Event Schedule May 17th, 2018
8:30am – 9:00am Registration (Bevill State Community College Community Building)
9:00am – 9:15am General Assembly/Set up Exhibits
9:15am – 11:30pm Competitions/Outdoor Games
12:50pm – 1:30pm Awards in the Bevill Community Center (Parents are welcome to attend)
1:30pm Bus Dismissal
County Round-Up is a reward for active 4-H members! It’s also a celebration of what 4-Her’s have learned and the skills they have developed throughout the 4-H Year! The Marion County 4-H Round-Up is a great place for each Marion County 4-H member to “show off” their talents. Junior winners are selected in each event and will advance to the Regional Competition in June at Bevill State Community College in Sumiton, AL. Senior winners are selected in each event and will advance to State Competitive Events Day in July at the Alabama 4-H Center in Columbiana, AL.
Youth attending 4-H Round-Up MUST compete in at least ONE competition, and may compete in up to TWO competitions. Youth MUST sign up for their County Round-Up Competition with their 4-H Teacher/Sponsor/School Secretary by April 13th (they will have the sign up sheet after your scheduled March 4-H Meeting). Spaces will fill up quickly so register ASAP!
Required Field Trip Form MUST be returned to your child’s SCHOOL (not the Extension office) by April 27th in order to attend County Round-Up. (this form doesn’t apply to Winfield Students): http://offices.aces.edu/marion/wp-content/uploads/sites/56/2018/04/2018-Marion-County-Schools-field-trip-parent-permissions-form.pdf
All youth are expected to follow the 4-H Rules found below for their selected competition. Please call or email the Extension Office if you would like the rules printed and delivered to your school (205)921-3551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please click on the name of the competition below to view the rules.**
- Chef 4-H (Individual Event) This Event will be held May 15th at 5:30pm at the Extension Office. Youth still get to come to Round-Up on the 17th and the winners will be announced then.
- Freestyle Demonstration (Individual Event or Team of 2)
- Poultry Que (Individual Event)
- Have I Got a Story (Individual Event or Team of 2)
- Speak Up Alabama-Choose Persuasive or Informative (Individual Event)
- 4-H Bake Off (Individual Event)
- Graphic Design (Individual Event)
- Freestyle Showcase (Individual Event or Team of 2)
- Blocks Rock (Individual Event or Team of 2)
- Extreme Birdhouse (Individual Event or Team of 2)
- The World I Picture (Individual Event)
- $15 Challenge (Individual Event)
- Interior Design (Individual Event or Team of 2)
- What WOOD you Build (Individual Event or Seniors Team of 2)
Questions? Ask your teacher or call the 4-H Agent, Rebecca Danley