These are the BEST fruitcake cookies!! Hope you enjoy.
Mama Jewels Fruitcake Cookies:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cups chopped mixed nuts
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups pitted chopped dates
- 1 pound candied pineapple, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound red and green candied cherries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease several baking sheets. Sift together the flour, cinnamon, and baking soda in a bowl; set aside.
- Beat together the butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Gradually beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture, alternating each addition with about 2 tablespoons of milk until all the milk is incorporated and the dough is soft. Mix in the vanilla and nuts, raisins, dates, pineapple, and cherries until thoroughly mixed. Drop the dough by rounded teaspoons onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cookies are set and the bottoms are very lightly browned, 20 to 30 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Recipe yields about 3 dozen small to medium size cookies and when cooled keep them in a covered container in a cool room and the longer you let them set the better the flavor becomes.
The Alabama Cooperative Extension System (Alabama A&M and Auburn Universities), is an equal opportunity employer and educator. Everyone is welcome!