Lauderdale County 4-H has club members
representing us around
the state this summer!
The Lexington High School FFA/4-H Judging team placed 1st overall in the State Competition at Auburn, June 21st. They have earned the Alabama spot at the National competition in November.
Ten members of the Lauderdale County 4-H Horse Club will be competing at the State Horse Show July 11 – 15 in Montgomery. The youth have entered riding, judging, quizbowl, and passive events (such as photography, speeches, and art). The team raised funds through sponsorships and selling t-shirts.
Aim High with our S.A.F.E. Program
The 4-H S.A.F.E. programs build great character, self-confidence, and self-discipline while develop marksmanship skills.
Lauderdale County 4-H offers archery, rifle, and shotgun clubs that meet throughout the school year.
August 6th- archery and shotgun meet at MSSTC
– learn the shotgun sports of skeet & trap
– learn gun safety & responsibility
– bring a .12 or .20 gauge shotgun, target load ammo
(at least 2 boxes of 25)
– also bring safety glasses or sunglasses, & hearing protection
* learn & practice archery skills, shooting safety
* bring your own compound or recurve bow & 3 to 6 arrows
* Don’t have your own bow? Some 4-H equipment will be at the club for you to use
Explore the fun of growing your own food! The Junior Master Gardener (JMG) Club will do hands-on projects and activities to learn about garden plants, flowers, insects, the environment, leadership, and life skills. We will also plant, maintain, and harvest two raised garden beds in the Florence/Lauderdale Community Garden.
July 26, 9AM-12PM
For more information on JMG or Lauderdale County 4-H, please contact Lauren Barber.
4-H Kid Chef
What do you do in a cooking club?
Members will learn to read recipes, prepare dishes, measure ingredients, use different kitchen utensils and appliances, practice food safety and food preservation, prepare menus, make grocery lists, shop for food, prepare food budgets and much more!
Club Meetings will be held at the Lauderdale County 4-H Office
1 PM-4 PM
- Learn basic fishing skills and techniques, plus how to be a responsible angler (fisherman)
- Practice and water safety
- Have fun making your own lures
- Be a good steward of our natural resources
- Find out about career opportunities in Fisheries and job fields like it
The Sportsfishing Club will meet at McFarland on Thursday, July 21st at 5:30 PM at the pier beside River Bottom Grille.