Under contract with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid (CMS), atom Alliance will be offering free diabetes education classes in Alabama. You can receive eight hours of diabetes self-management training in your community. These classes are designed to:
- Educate on how to best control blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels;
- Empower you to establish relationships with your primary care provider;
- Encourage better nutrition and regular exercise;
- Encourage lifestyle changes that lead to the reduction in the number of diabetes complications ( heart disease, blindness, nerve damage, etc.) and limb amputations; and
- Express the importance of developing support networks of family, friends, and existing community-based social services.
These six (6) classes present information in simple medical terms and concepts using props and pictures in a way that is conducive to better understanding and make learning fun. The classes are 60- 90 minutes long.
If you have diabetes or pre-diabetes, we invite you to contact us for more information; or if you are an organization that wishes to become a community partner and provide a location for diabetes education.
Tera K Glen – Regional Extension Agent at (205) 561-4094 or email@example.com